#2 It's Time to Play
They say that play is the job of a child……and nobody is better at play than a child.
Why do you think that is? Maybe it’s the fact that a child has the luxury of being totally carefree with none of the stresses accrued in adulthood.
- Can you remember the breeze blowing through your hair as you pumped higher and higher on a swing?
- Or squealing with joy as you outran your opponent to the base in a game of tag?
- Or racing around the house with a sparkler at the stroke of midnight on New Year’s Eve?
Think about what you liked growing up.
What made you laugh?
- What you looked forward to before responsibilities and obligations sucked the joy and fun from your life?
- Wouldn’t it be liberating to recapture that time…..that frame of mind…..that ease and peace?
Well, just because you’re all grown up doesn’t mean you can’t. It might take some effort to get back in the habit of effortless playfulness, but if you’re sincerely interested in making time for yourself, it’s worth it.
Start by adding a little bit of fun to the mundane chores of adulthood. For example, sip on your favorite wine as you pay bills or go old school and clean your house while dancing around to your Spring Break 1995 playlist.
Allow yourself to be playful in all aspects of your life.
Allow yourself to laugh and reconnect with your inner child.
Get some joyful soul into this life of yours…… and play!